Whether you are looking to create additional space for your home, or add a bit of value, allow Design & Development Associates to guide you through the house extension process in a simple and hassle free manner.
Why choose a house extension?
With increased stamp duty and rising property values, house extensions are a great way to add the much needed additional space to your home without the stress of moving. Most extensions can be constructed externally, with the break through only being undertaken in the latter stages of the project, meaning that you can live at home while the works are being undertaken.
Recently relaxation in planning rules means many proposals fall under permitted development, so planning permission is not required. If you are considering a house extension, or would like to see if this can add much needed space to your home, contact us for an honest and impartial appraisal.
What Design and Development Associates Offer
Initially Design & Development Associates offer a free consultation to establish the following;
- The practicality & buildability of the proposed extension to your property,
- Design ideas to ensure the best layout is achieved,
- If the proposed house extension would require planning or fall under permitted development,
- Likely build costs for your proposed extension,
- The process of moving forward from the initial meeting right up until the house extension has been completed.
From this consultation, we can then set out a formal quotation to obtain any necessary permissions and ensure all paperwork is in place prior to the commencement of works.
Why choose us for your House Extension?
The benefits of consulting an architectural practice at the feasibility stage is that we can advise on both the buildability aspect of your house extension as well as the legal requirements before works are undertaken. Key benefits are:
- You are not tied into a building company that offer a concept to completion service. You are free to send our house extension plans to different contractors for pricing,
- We can recommend local contractors with a proven track record to ensure we find the right individual to build your extension,
- We manage the entire process from concept to commencement of works as part of our standard service. This includes liaising with planners, structural & building control to ensure the correct profession is instructed at the correct time.
- Being architectural designers, we will ensure your house extension looks architecturally balanced, sympathetic to the existing property and meets your current and future living requirements.
Please call us on 01202 233435 to book a free consultation and get your house extension plans underway.
Areas We cover
Dorset – Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Verwood, Dorchester