Whether you are looking to create additional space for your home, or add a bit of value, allow Design & Development Associates to guide you through the process in a simple and hassle free manner.
Why choose a loft conversion?
A loft conversion is becoming an increasingly popular way of adding additional habitable space to a property. Since the increase in stamp duty, many people are opting to undertake a loft conversion to add an additional bedroom/en-suite, office or play area as a cost-effective alternative to moving.
There are many types of loft conversions available, depending on how much space is required.
A simple velux loft conversion will allow a new habitable space to be created within the existing loft void which would be suitable as an additional bedroom or office.
If more floor space is required, a gable or dormer can be utilised to increase floor area. Larger proposals can create two additional bedrooms with a bathroom/en-suite which is ideal for an expanding family.
What Design and Development Associates Offer
Initially Design & Development Associates offer a free consultation to establish the following;
- The practicality & buildability of a loft conversion on your property,
- Design ideas to ensure the maximum potential is achieved,
- If the proposal would require planning or fall under permitted development,
- Likely build costs for your proposal,
- The process of moving forward from the initial meeting right up until completion.
From this consultation, we can then set out a formal quotation to obtain any necessary permissions and ensure all paperwork is in place prior to the commencement of works.
Why choose us for your Loft Conversion?
The benefits of consulting an architectural practice at the feasibility stage is that we can advise on both the buildability aspect of your proposal as well as the legal requirements before works are undertaken. Key benefits are:
- You are not tied into a building company that offer a concept to completion service. You are free to send plans to different contractors for pricing,
- We can recommend local contractors with a proven track record to ensure we find the right individual to build your project,
- We manage the entire process from concept to commencement of works as part of our standard service. This includes liaising with planners, structural & building control to ensure the correct profession is instructed at the correct time.
- Being architectural designers, we will ensure that your loft conversion looks architecturally balanced, sympathetic to the existing property and meets your current and future living requirements.
Please call us on 01202 233435 to book a free consultation and get your loft conversion underway.
Areas We cover
Dorset – Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Verwood, Dorchester